Jurisdiction: Benton Township Section 28
Status: Active. BCGS Cemetery Records updated April 17, 2011.
Location: East Side of Crystal Avenue, North of Napier Avenue
Cemetery Governing Body: Benton Township, Religious – Jewish, Conservative
In 1895, Benton Harbor saw the beginnings of the first Jewish congregation worship. Then in 1900, the first temple was built and at that time, $.05 per week was applied to members for maintenance of a cemetery. Over the years this cemetery served the need of two conservative temples that have now merged together as the Temple B'nai Shalom.
Written By David Barrickow