Jurisdiction: Bainbridge Township Section 15
Status: It under went a restoration in 2001. BCGS Cemetery Records updated October 24, 2011.
Location: North side of Territorial Road, ¼ mile West of M-140
Cemetery Governing Body: Bainbridge Township
Location of Cemetery Records: Minimal records are at the township office
Location: Size: approximately 1/2 acre
This township-owned cemetery was recently restored and many headstones repaired. The cemetery was established in 1907 when William and Alice M. Bohlinger sold one half acre to Bainbridge Township “for cemetery purposes”.
The cemetery land was once part of the Schrum farm, now the Henry Baiers farm. About 45 babies were buried here, all under four years of age. There are 26 veterans’ graves. Mr. & Mrs. Jacob Endrick, who lived across from the cemetery, had seven daughters; five of them are buried here. They were: Mrs. Edward (Amelia) Matrau, Mrs. A.M. (Sarah) Stewart, Mrs. Henry (Emma) Schaus, Mrs. George (Matilda Weidman) Hower, and Mrs. Harry (Minnie Keasy) Yant.
Written by Marge (Hess) Yetzke