Annual membership is open to anyone interested in researching their ancestors. Our membership year runs from January 1 through December 31. Anyone joining after October 1 will be credited for the next years membership. All members are invited to submit for publication news articles and queries. We invite you to become a member and enjoy the many benefits of belonging to a local genealogical society including:
- Monthly meetings on genealogy topics and computer use where we learn new methods and techniques for researching our ancestors.
- Monthly workshops where we use the new methods we have learned.
- Back issues of The PastFinder on this website.
- Access to the expanding Members Only areas of our website which includes information on Berrien County ancestors including cemetery information, burial records, death records, and newspaper obituaries.
- Participation in the Surname Research feature on this website.
- Speaker handouts.
- A 10% discount on books published by BCGS.
- Opportunity to meet other genealogists, share ideas, build new friendships, and even find cousins you didn’t know you had.
A Membership form can be downloaded here. Make checks payable to BCGS and mail to: P.O. Box 8808, Benton Harbor, MI 49023-8808.
Annual Membership Levels: Individual Membership: E-mailed Newsletter $15.00, Postal Newsletter $18.00; Family Membership (2 people, one household): E-mailed Newsletter $25.00, Postal Newsletter $28.00; Organization Membership: $15.00